Costume Contest Rules
- Eligibility - Any member of JordanCon is eligible to enter the Costume Contest. If
you have previously placed or received a Judge’s Choice award for your costume,
we invite you to display your costume at JordanCon, but you will not be eligible to
participate in the Costume Contest. You are welcome to enter again with a new
- Pre-Registration and Pre-Judging - We request that all intended participants
pre-register for the contest online or at registration. All contestants MUST attend
a pre-judging session at 5:00 PM on Saturday in Goulding C. You will not be
allowed to walk in the contest if you did not attend the pre-judging session.
- All props and weapons must conform to the JordanCon weapons policy.
- No profane, political, or religious statements. Exceptions are made for Wheel of
Time phrases (Depose Elaida, Walk in the Light, Blood and bloody ashes, etc.).
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- No skits. Due to time constraints, we are not able to allow significant amounts
of cosplay during the contest.
- Large and/or elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and any
assistants provided by the contestant. JordanCon will not be able to provide as-
sistants for you.
- Follow all directions provided to you by JordanCon staff. Failure to do so may
result in disqualification.
- Picture taking is allowed (and encouraged!). We will have a room set up for the
contestants to have their photos taken during & after the contest. We request that
all contestants, and especially all winners, be willing to spend a few minutes after
the contest to be available for photo ops.
- HAVE FUN!