- About JordanCon
- Guests & Featured Presenters
- Charity Events
- Art Show
Charity Auction Rules
During the Feedback Sessions in previous years, comments have been made about issues that arose during the silent auction. These issues have ranged from fairness to timing of item closures. Your concerns have been heard and changes are being made this year to address them.
- The auction will still be held on Saturday night; however, the layout will be changing. Rather than one long table at the back of the room, auction items will be spread out on various tables around the room. This will create more visibility for the auction items and will not pull you completely away from the party in order to make bids or watch items.
- In an attempt to alleviate the mass confusion of all auction items closing at once, item closures will now be staggered. Taking advantage of the multiple auction stations, each table will close at a separate time, about 15 minutes apart. Closing times will be posted at each table.
- Badge numbers will be required to make bids. This will make finding item winners easier. At each item’s scheduled closing time, its bid sheet will be removed from the table. If a particular item is caught in a bidding war between two or more people in the closing moments, this item will move to a “limited live auction” format between only those bidders. No new bidders will be allowed into the live auction.
- To help simplify the payment process and receipt of items, payments will no longer be taken at the close of the auction. Instead, all items will be removed from the auction floor to be picked up Sunday morning in the Registration area. There will be a specific line and table for the Charity Auction. Pickup receipts will be given at the close of the auction. Beginning at 8:30 am until 11 am Sunday morning, auction winners should come to the Registration area, make your payment and pick up your item. Also, electronic (credit/debit card) payments will be accepted this year!
If you wish to donate items to the Auction, the time to do so is Friday 2pm through 5pm.
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, or anything else regarding the Charity Auction, please contact Jamie or Christopher Cybert. Thank you.